Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Tidbits

My child is such a smartass (in a good way).

Friday night, we were playing a game (Zeus on the Loose for those of you who want to know). We just discovered this game. She got it for Christmas (it's a card game) but we had never tried it out. We also adore the game Sleeping Queens for anyone who's interested.

Anyway, while I was shuffling the cards, she was looking at the box the cards came in and said "I bet I can guess what this game is like. Sometimes, with books, you can guess what the story is about when you read the title."

I agreed and said something inconsequential.

She then said, "You know, predicting".

I said, "Big word."

She said, "Second grader".

I laughed so hard. It was such an adult exchange and so rapid fire. I mean, she didn't even stop to think of a response. As soon as I said, "big word", she immediately fired back with "second grader". Which she is....a second grader, that is.

So funny.

----------------------------

In order to tell you about the next exchange, I need to prep you.

We live in a dry county. No alcohol is sold or allowed in the county.

We have to drive 30 minutes away to the nearest Wal-Mart where you can buy beer. This is because it's located in another county.

If you can't wait to get to Wal-Mart to get cheap beer, you can stop at the first gas station in the non-dry county.

They used to have a sign in their parking lot to the effect of "Last Chance For A Cold Beer" or if you're coming in to town, "First Chance For A Cold Beer". They've taken it down recently, but that's how we refer to the gas station. As the "Last Chance For A Cold Beer" gas station.

Anyway, it was late Saturday night and mom, light of my life and I were all in the car on the way back from Wal-Mart.

As we were approaching the gas station, mom asked light of my life "Light of my life, wanna stop of a beer?"

To which she IMMEDIATELY replied, "No, thanks, I've already had two today".

Just so dry and sarcastic like.

Mom almost lost control of the car she was laughing so hard. I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

She gets it from me. I'm so proud.

Later,

Mama Dawg

0 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP