Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Olfactory Overload

When I was walking in a stairwell/hallway here at work, the hall smelled like orange Kool-Aid. Remember that stuff? Can we say sugar high? Anyway, it reminded me of the daycare I went to as a kid.

Coming back from said hallway, I almost bumped into a lady that smelled like Disney World. It was her perfume, I'm sure, but as soon as I smelled it, I immediately thought of Disney World.

On the way from the vets office to work, I stopped by a Subway to get a sandwich for lunch. I got a meatball sandwich and decided to eat it in the car instead of at work. As soon as I unwrapped it, the smell, wafting through my car, brought me back to my late teens early 20's living in Florida. I used to get meatball subs all the time from Subway and almost always ate them in my car on the way to school or work.

Funny how the nose retains these memories, isn't it?

Later,

Mama Dawg

3 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:

Heather

I'm just like that too. I can't commit to perfumes because after a while I associate them with different moments in time. It makes me crazy.

Tiffany

I am so effected by smells. If I smell certain cologne, it reminds me of an old boyfriend. If I smell the soap the hospital used to wash out my vomit bowl during my pregnancy, I want to throw up.

What does Disney World smell like?

Mama Dawg

Disney World smells wonderful! Sigh...I miss that place.

In this case, the ladies perfume smelled like a building that we walked through in Epcot. Can't remember which one and why, but it reminded me of that.

If I smell rain on hot asphalt, it reminds me of Disney as well.

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP