Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Morning

When I got home last night, I noticed that J.D., my cat, was just laying in the kitchen on the floor near his food bowl. This is very unusual. After bringing in the stuff from the car, I went back to check on him and he was still there but decided to get up. Y'all, he stumbled. Like a drunk.

I knew this wasn't good. It wasn't like back in December when he was walking crooked. This time, he couldn't stand up. At all. He was having to drag himself all over the house. It was the scariest thing I've ever seen.

I decided to go to work late and take him to the vet first thing this morning. I decided to sleep on the couch last night with him on me. That way, if he needed to get off the couch, he would have a shorter fall (if I wasn't awake to help him off). The only reason I did this was because he's a stubborn cat and he would have wanted to sleep with me in my very high up bed and I couldn't have him falling off the bed and breaking something during the night.

After a restless sleep, we got up. I watched him drag himself into the kitchen for food. He wouldn't let me help him (kept growling at me when I got too close). After he ate, he tried to come back out. I went over to help him again and this time he didn't growl. I picked him up and took him to the litter box (thinking it was time for him to go). Y'all, he couldn't even stand up to use the box. He just laid down and did his business. That scared me as much as the not walking thing.

The vet finally opened at 8 and I got him there around 8:30.

The vet seems to think it might be a clot that traveled from his heart to his legs. He has a bad heart (just discovered in December) but the vet isn't sure. Last time, the problem was an ear infection but because he didn't have the exact same symptoms, the vet wanted to keep him overnight for observation and to give him some injections. He responds to pain in his legs (the vet pinched his toes with some sort of evil looking contraption) and likes to have them rubbed. The vet also said that the pulse in his left leg was weaker than the one in his right leg but not so bad that he was overly concerned.

I adopted this cat when he was already an adult and no one knows his exact age. He could be as young as 12 but the vet thinks he might be as old at 16.

I'll tell y'all his adoption story at some other time.

My heart is hurting right now. I'm so afraid that when I call the vet in the morning, he's gonna tell me some bad news. My eyes hurt so bad from crying.

Here's some pics of my baby, J.D. (stands for James all time favorite movie star but his old vet says it stands for Jack Daniels, lol!).

All wrapped up.

Being lazy on his new favorite thing, his pillow near the heater.

This is my urban panther, Mike. He's the biggest scaredy cat on the face of the Earth. He weighs in at a whopping 18 lbs (but he looks bigger). I got him about 4 months after I got J.D.


Mama Dawg

6 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:


Aw, your poor kitty. I hope things get better for him!

Jodi @ blog-o-licious

oh, em, i'm so sorry.

Mama Dawg



I'm sorry Em.


Oh no! Not the kitty!! It's so hard to see animals suffer like that. Seriously, I can't handle it. Just picturing your cat in all that pain, makes my eyes well up. I hope he's ok. Make sure to update us as soon as you get the latest!! Hang in there!!


Oh, that's so scary!! I hope he gets better soon.

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by 2008

Jump to TOP