Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Clarification

I've been reading on some past comments and I realized that I may have made things sound bad about my life with my daughter.

Yes, we were dealt some shitty cards when it came to her father, but....and this is a big but....

we have a happy life. A very happy life with just the two of us. She is not lacking for attention, food, a roof over her head, discipline, encouragement, love, etc....

She is truly a remarkable kid. Straight A's, in the gifted and talented program, a big reader, empathetic, sympathetic, talented, beautiful, smart, kind, funny, silly, etc...

For a positive male influence in her life, she has her uncle, our neighbor L (he's a wonderful father and treats light of my life like one of his own) and K's son, C who also loves her to pieces. Living across the highway from B & L and their kids shows light of my life that there are different kinds of families out there in the world and does a lot to show her that not all marriages are bad and that not all daddies leave. For that, I'm grateful.

Anyway, thanks to all those who feel for us and our situation, but to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm selfish and want to have her all to myself!

Later,

Mama Dawg

4 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:

Dirty White boy

i wasnt raised with a dad, and i didnt miss anything in all that. If you have one good parent, why do you really need two?

KatBouska

I hate second guessing things I wrote on my blog. I have to remind myself that in the end if I feel what I'm writing is accurate then I have to stand by it..and then I try not to over think it.

Mama Dawg

Jared, that's the way I feel. She'll be fine with just me.

scargosun

People have been commenting about having JUST you? Silly people. It's the amount of love that is there, not the amount of people. :)

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP