Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm Back

Bet you didn't even know I was gone.

I went to New Orleans for the weekend. My friend's son, C, was graduating from college and her daughter, V, was starring in her high school play of Chicago. She was Roxie Hart.

Guys, I have seen many a high school play in my life and I have to tell you this, this was hands down, the best high school play I've EVER seen.

They did such a phenomenal job. The choreography was spot on, the girls of the "Cell Block Tango" were OUTSTANDING, the performance of Billy Flynn and Roxie for the number of "We Both Reached For the Gun"...I don't even have words. With the exception of Rene Zelleweger and Richard Gere, I haven't ever seen anything like it.

I knew V was talented, but she totally blew me out of the water with her performance. I seriously think she needs to try to do some stage work somewhere. She'll be attending (hopefully) Loyola when she graduates (she has one more year of high school).

It was such a bold move for them to do Chicago but they, without a doubt, pulled it off.

C graduated from Southeastern and I am so proud of him. I've known him since he was 14 and to see how much he's grown and how far he's gone, it's amazing.

We had his graduation/birthday party on Sunday. It was a crawfish boil and we had a blast. It was so nice getting to see everyone again and visiting.

K's sister is the one who recently passed away so it made for a bittersweet party.

I had the day off yesterday and I let light of my life skip school (it's her last week) so we could stay for an extra day. We went shopping yesterday, (oh, Target, how I miss you so) and well, all hell broke loose.

K had to go to the ER due to complications from her diabetes. They ended up admitting her and she's still in the hospital today.

Mom decided to stay behind in New Orleans to take care of her while she recuperates and to help with V since she's still in school and C works a lot.

Light of my life and I came back by ourselves last night. We didn't get back home until well after midnight so I'm exhausted today.

This is a bigger situation than I'm comfortable going into here on The Internets, so that's all I'm gonna say for now.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and good wishes and good vibes or whatever it is you do to send good energy out to the universe. She needs it.

Later,

Mama Dawg

2 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:

scargosun

Talk about a roller coaster weekend! I love Chicago and I bet they did a great job. Sorry to hear about the hospital stay for K. It's such a difficult disease to live with. Hope she's ok.

Mama Dawg

Just talked to her on the phone. She's still in observation and may have to stay another night. We'll see.

Thanks!

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP