Friday, May 23, 2008

Something New

Since I've been getting new traffic to my site via other sites I read, I thought I'd try to check them all out.

However it's a LOT of sites to try to read at work and I don't have time to read more than a post or two.

I like to give each site the proper attention it deserves by going back to the beginning of the blog and starting from there.

I've decided that what I'm gonna do is: every time I find a blog that looks even remotely interesting to me, I'm gonna add it to my "New Reads" blogroll.

Each week, I'm gonna pick on blog to start from the beginning. If it appears to be a blog that I will read daily, I'm gonna add it to my "Daily Reads" list. If it's one that I'm just gonna check occasionally, I'm gonna add it to a new list called "Occasional Reads" list. Those that I don't like at all, I'm just gonna delete.

However, if I thought enough to add your blog to my list of "New Reads", chances are, I'm not gonna delete you.

I'd like to get back in the habit of writing about one of the blogs on my list once a week.

I feel that this way, people who read my blog will give their blog a read as well and maybe Karma will be nice and it will also drive some traffic to my blog. It's a win/win for everyone!

I'm not gonna be critical, I promise. I'm just mostly gonna post what I like about your blog and leave it at that.

I tell you, I'm enjoying the hell out of this whole blogging thing.

Cheers!

Later,

Mama Dawg

P. S. If you've left a comment here before and I haven't added you to either list, leave a comment for me here and I'll add you to the "New Reads" list to check yours out. I don't want to leave anyone out that's been supporting my blog by taking time out of their day to read it.

10 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:

LiteralDan

That's a very generous arrangement on your part-- I'd love to hear your thoughts about my blog, if you get a chance to get to me.

I can't help it if I'm needy and self-obsessed! Honest, I can't.

SherE1

Whoohoo! I made it to the "New Reads" list! Thanks for checking me out. I hope I can keep the interest peaked! =)

Dirty White boy

just redo your list to 'things to keep me occupied at work'.

Outnumbered2to1

Hey, I noticed your daily reads include allearsnet. Disney Fan? Do you ever read Delswife and her LYMI blog? She has some good Disney stories and she is pretty hilarious.

Anonymous

You make me laugh Em. (in an endearing way)

I love your blog karma idea.

Unknown

Yay!! I'm on the New Reads!! I'll link you up too, sister.

~Sheila~

Great Idea!
And thanks for adding me to your "new reads" list.
I have been trying to start at some of the first blogs of most that I frequent. It is pretty hard to catch up from the beginning.

Unknown

I've reviewed a few blogs this way. I really need to get back into doing that!

Momo Fali

Wow! That's pretty ambitious! Here's wishing you lots and lots of good reads (and good karma)!

Mama Dawg

Thanks for the good wishes. I have a little time this weekend, so I may go ahead and start.

Jah Air Red-I think I am gonna rename that list. I like your idea. We'll see.

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP