Happy day after Thanksgiving, y'all!
This is a pre-post. Don't get all excited.
It's just time for some house cleaning. Believe it or not, I've actually gotten a couple of more awards that I need to acknowledge and pass around.
The first is from Even the Nice Ones.
Isn't she so chic and pretty? Very unlike me. But the award is BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL nevertheless (did they ever determine if that was an actual word or not?).
This one comes with rules AND a game of sorts.
1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Instructions:On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then "add image" it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the "picture" gidget.Also, don't forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
So grateful for the instructions on how to post the awards. Cause I don't know how to do that. (is sarcasm lost on the Internet? I think so.)
Anyhoo, I'll be a good little girl and follow the rules (for once in my life).
Here's my addictions first:
1. Water...for drinking and bathing and swimming. No, not all together. I know who pees in the pool. I love drinking water. I drink more than the recommended 8 glasses a day. I love to be near water. Lakes, ponds, creeks, the ocean...whatever. I love the water. And I LOVE baths.
2. My blog. Cause it rocks.
3. Food. I can't specify a favorite because it's always changing. But I LOVE food.
4. Facebook. Right now, I can't stay off of it. I love seeing people I haven't seen since graduation.
5. Canadians. Cause I have an obsessive love for their humor.
Now, for the linky love:
1. Jess over at This Life is Mine. Girls got balls, y'all. Girls got balls. 'Nuff said.
2. I have fallen in love with the Tattooed Minivan Mom. She's like me in the sense that she's balls to the wall on her blog (her more so than I) but kinda shy and quiet in real life.
3. I gotta go with the Steenky Bee. I know, I know, she's my nemesis. But, you gotta love her. She is...what do they say...AWESOMESAUCE!
4. I heart the Captain so much. He needs...nay, DESERVES another pretty award on his blog. He needs some womaning up, y'all. Plus, he's Canadian.
5. I'm gonna go with Rhea over at Texas Word Tangle. I simply love her. And she needs some cheering up.
These next two came from Jaden Paige over at The Life and Times of Bendy Ruggles.
The first one, I received already from Katie but I'll still take it.
The second one is new to me and I heart it.
There's info that comes with this one.
The qualifications to receive the award are:
A. Display a cheerful attitude. (I'm not sure I qualify for this one, dammit)
B. Love one another. (Oh, yeah, I love me some lovin'...however, I don't think that's what this means)
C. Make mistakes. (I can do that one...eays...I mean, easy...see?)
D. Learn from others. (I learn things all the time from my fellow bloggers. For this, I am grateful.)
E. Be a positive contributor to the blog world. (I contribute...I don't know about in a positive manner, but, I contribute)
F. Love life. (This? I can do.)
G. Love kids. (Only mine, sorry...other ones skeeve me out...just kiddin'...mostly)
1. Must link it back to the creator.
2. Post the rules.
3. Choose 5 people to give it to.
4. Recipients must fill the characteristics above.
5. Create a post to share this.
6. You must thank the winner.
OK, here's the next 5 bestowed uponees (new word, think Urban DicKtionary will take this one?):
1. Lo over at Slap Happy Musings. She's such a breath of fresh air. So young and full of life.
2. Jerlyn over at BadKarma...cause she's Captain Dumbasses mom y'all! She deserves an award just for that ALONE!!! Plus, she's allowed me to become a member of the Dumbass family. My new name from now on is Mama Dawg Dumbass.
3. Ms. Partly Cloudy...she's MAW's daughter and I heart her so much. If I ever won the lottery, I want her to get her teaching degree and then I'll hire her as my daughter's private teacher. Cause she's someone who I would LOVE to have teach my daughter!
4. Ashley...Unscripted. She got the most awesome boots, y'all. I LOVE her boots. And her blog!
5. Kat over in England. Cause she's in England. And knows how to drive on the wrong side of the road. That alone is worth an award.
Lisa over at Growing Up 'Mo is having a contest! It's for 2 Il Divo c.d.'s. Even if they sucked at singing, I'd buy their c.d. anyway...Urs is sooooooooooo friggin' hot.
If you wanna enter, you gotta go check her out! Contest ends Friday, December 5th.
I stole this from Scargosun. Since it's the day after Thanksgiving, I figure I can officially announce all things Christmas. Today is the day I'll start my Christmas Carols and will go to the storage unit to dig out all of my decorations. Next weekend, we'll go to the good old Home Depot and snag a tree.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping paper but have resorted to bags on occasion.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, real, real, real, real. I can't stress that enough.
3. When do you put up the tree? First weekend in December
4. When do you take the tree down? After Christmas but before New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? Oh, heavens yes. I love the stuff. I even have special eggnog mugs.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't remember anything specific. I guess Barbie stuff.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mother.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My aunt.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Beware, if I have your address, you're getting one.
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A robe from my ex-husband.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Christmas from the following year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Heck yeah! What else am I gonna do with a ceramic angel bear with feathered wings?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my mom's cheese grits
16. Lights on the tree? Hello...what is a tree without lights?
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes. And all of the 7 Dwarfs, too.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star...that light of my life made.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning. Christmas day after dinner. Yes, we wait THAT long.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Almost all of ours are old ornaments. I don't like a uniform tree. I like 'em all messy and with a great deal of history behind them.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? As long as my mama makes her cheese grits, I don't care what else is on the table.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? No friggin' clue.
Damn, my wrist hurts worse than a 13 year old boys with a stack of his dad's stolen Playboys under his mattress.
Happy Friday, y'all!