I got this lovely beauty from Diane over at Good Mourning, Glory. I found her not too long ago. I have no clue where or how, but I love her. She posts some incredible postmortem photographs (from the olden days when they would take pics of the dead...they're not gory or gross, but beautiful). She fascinates me and yet she's the one to give ME an award. Thanks Diane!
As usual, there's rules.
But, you know me. I have this compulsive need to break them.
So, instead of me naming 10 people to give this to, I say the first 10 people on my crack bloggers blog roll on the right get this award.
(here's the rules if you want 'em:
The purpose of this award is to give it to someone who is showing gratitude or a good attitude ("if life hands you lemons, made lemonade") within their life or blog.
The rules: put the logo on your blog, nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude and/or gratitude, link to your nominees, let them know they have received the award by commenting on their blog, and share the love and link to the person from whom you received your award. )
In addition, have you heard this? If not, why not? This is a song that I put on repeat constantly in my iPod. It's such a fun song.
Due to all this Facebook crap, I found one of my best friends from high school. Her name is Jenny and she's got her own blog. I don't know if she's looking for a lot of traffic to her blog, so if you go over there, please remember to be nice and polite. She's not like me. She's classy.
We had such a blast in school together. We had all these inside jokes and we kept a notebook that we passed back and forth to each other in the halls instead of notes. Less conspicuous that way. We never got caught, either. And I still have the notebook. Maybe I'll dig it out and post some tidbits here. That would be funny.
Anyway, she tagged me to share 7 things you never needed (or probably wanted) to know about me.
1. I'm related to Jimmy Carter. Don't ask me how. I have no clue. All I know is that it's on my fathers side and that it's really a distant relation.
2. I ran track in high school. For one year. Til a line drive at a baseball game (yes, I was in the dugout with the baseball players...that's another story for another time) hit my shin so hard, it left a bump and bruise for a month. I limped forever. So, my track career was a bust.
3. I have a chicken pox scar on my right cheek. Other than if someone asks about it, I forget I have it. Even in high school. It never bothered me.
4. I can actually sing the whole song, "Ice Ice Baby" and not miss a word. However, no one that has ever heard me sing has lived to tell the tale. Or at least I assume they're dead. I've never heard back from them after I sang the song. I miss my Aunt Gladys.
5. There are very few things I'll eat. In fact, the list is so short, I can list them all here. English peas (the little green balls), celery and melons. I don't eat these alone and with the exception of celery, I won't eat them mixed in anything. If the celery is chopped up fine enough, I'll eat it.
6. I'm incredibly thoughtless. Not in a mean way, just in an "I'm totally not aware of my surroundings so if I forget your birthday or to ask you how you are after an illness, it's not intentional" way.
7. No matter what a guy looks like (for the most part), if he has a Scottish, Irish, Australian or British accent, I'd probably do him. No guarantees, but they have much better odds than any others out there.
So, thanks Jen, for that fun tag.
If you wanna do it, just do it. It's yours for the taking.