Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Eat Your Heart Out, Ryan Seacrest

I've been interviewed TWICE in the past week!

Granted, I signed up for both of them and they weren't interviewing me because I'm THAT fascinating. It's because I jumped down their throats when they offered to do an interview with a blogger.

The first set of questions is from the ever fascinating Jess over at This Life is Mine.


What was the funniest thing you have ever experienced?

What had me on the floor laughing my ass off? So many things. I love to laugh and find humor in some of the most mundane things. Recently it was a passage from a book by George Carlin. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't stop. It actually brought tears to my eyes. LOML got concerned cause I wouldn't stop.

If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?

If it was a cool million, I'd find some way to turn it into more money so I could take care of my family and friends but then build a no-kill animal shelter that I ran. I heard about this awesome idea that this guy in NC or VA had. He houses military pets. You know, when a guy or girl does a tour of duty but they have no one to take their dog or cat or whatever while they're gone for 15 months. He takes them in and houses them for FREE until they get back from their tour. This way, the military people don't have to give up their pets. I LOVE this idea.

What is your favorite breakfast food?

My favorite breakfast food has to be homemade blueberry scones and French roast coffee. But my most frequent breakfast is an egg sandwich on wheat bread. Yeah, I know. It's why I'm overweight.

If we went out on the town, what would we do for fun?

Oh, girl. What WOULDN'T we do is the question. That's easier to answer. And that answer is NOTHING! We would do it all! Really paint the town red! We'd make the local news we'd have so much fun.

What song always puts a smile on your face?

It's not so much a song as it is artists. Artists whose songs never fail to put a smile on my face are Billy Joel, Jonny Lang, Jimmy Buffett and the Eagles.

What artists make me bounce in my seat from wanting to dance? Any kind of hip-hop. Chris Brown, T.I., Beyonce (Single Ladies is like my fav song right now), Britney, Lil' Wayne, etc.....

What would I find in your refrigerator right now?

Almost empty bags of lettuce, roasted red pepper spread, milk, your regular condiments, half and half, leftovers, blood orange soda, lemonade, breads, veggies, cheese...it's pretty full right now.

How would you describe yourself in three words?

Tired, strange, fun.

The second set of questions is from Heinous over at IPR. Don't make me type out the name of his blog. I get confused and lost and next thing you know, I'm off on a tangent talking about my intense dislike of Chris Martin.

Wait, what was I talking about?

Oh, yeah, Heinous from IPR sent me this second set of questions. If you aren't reading this guy, you should. He's good. Real good.

What is the bravest thing that you feel you've ever done? Physically, emotionally, or whatever.

Wow. I have to say quitting my job without a safety net in 2007 and moving to the backwoods country after having lived in New Orleans for 9 years. I uprooted my daughter and myself to move to a place where there's no job opportunities and is below the national poverty line. However, I've never been happier.

What one talent do you wish you had that you don't?

I wish I could sing. But, I can't. I could literally make someone drop dead from the horribleness that is my singing. I still miss my Aunt Gladys.

We all have our reasons for blogging but what would be your ultimate goal for your blog or as a blogger?

Well, we all have secret dreams of becoming the next Dooce, but, in reality, I don't have a goal. I'm just having fun. When I get bored of this, I'll move on to something else.

You can trade lives with any one person for a month. Who would it be and why?

I would trade lives with my daughter. I would love to see what she sees and feel what she feels and do what she does. She seems to have such a good life.

There's a fire and your family is safe but you have the chance to save any one item from your house. What would it be and why?

My camera bag.

You have the chance to go back in time and warn yourself before making a bad choice. What choice would it be and what would you tell yourself?

I would not tell my ex-husband I was pregnant. I would have just kept it to myself and broke up with him (we got married when I was 5 months preggo) before I started showing. Yeah, that seems harsh, but he hasn't been around in 8 years. It's already like he doesn't know.

Good questions guys.

If anyone wants me to do an interview for them, just drop me a line in the comments and I'll come up with some questions.

Later,

Mama Dawg

19 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:

sassy stephanie

If ya like it then ya betta put a ring on it! Love me some hip moving hop too. And the classics.

I seriously need to come to MS. I want to make the news with you.

Bijoux

Some of those were tough questions, Mama. But good answers, good answers.

What is with this blood orange soda I only read about on blogs??

Mama Dawg

Sassy-Come on down girl. Come on down.

Cocotte-it's just the most delicious thing I've ever drank. I don't do regular soda, but this is like an Italian soda. It's so good.

Pseudo

Great answers Mama. I enjoyed reading this. I love your answer to being LOML for a day.

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures

Great anwsers! I am such a nosey bitch I love reading the mundane things about people's lifes. Like what kind of soda they drink! : )

Rhea

The bravest thing you've done really was brave! I'm impressed. You're a survivor, Mama Dawg!

Nice job answering questions. And I want to hear you sing. :o) hehe

Diane

when you get bored with us you're just gonna move on????!!!!
i'm crushed!

Jaden Paige

Ooh ooh, me me! If you want to interview someone, I'll do one! :)And girl, you are brave! I don't think I could ever do what you did... I'm too much of a worrier :P

Heidi R.

i really enjoyed reading these lists. I have to say i got chills about the idea of opening a no kill shelter and then the thought of housing military pets. Ideally, this is something that i would LOVE to do as well. I also agree with why you moved out of New Orleans...there just isnt a whole lot of "future" there...it is hard because it is such a wonderful city!!

Jennifer and Sandi

Yeah, what in the heck is Blood Orange Soda????

You had awesome answers!!

HAPPY TUESDAY!

- Jennifer

Jess

Oh word to that sista! Make the news! Wahoo! Thanks for filling out the s'vay and good answers!!

Lula!

OK, this was full of so much newsy goodness...and I love that you would trade lives with your daughter. That's totally a Lifetime movie in the making, Emily.

p.s. OK, the George Carlin reference made me think of something. I rarely bust a gut laughing while reading books...but Scott gave me Carrie Fisher's "Wishful Drinking" for Christmas and I swear to you, I cackled over every other page. It's freakin' brilliant. I'm thinking of giving it away on my blog, because seriously, it's astonishingly hysterical. The woman should be doing stand up comedy, I tell you.

Captain Dumbass

Good answers, MD.

Swirl Girl

Great questions...

here's another one:
If you had to choose 5 foods to live on for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Mama Dawg

Hummus
hamburger
chicken
spinach
tomatoes

HeatherPride

I love Johnny Lang too! Interesting, because not a lot of people seem to know much about him. I heard him sing at the Memphis in May music festival a long, long time ago - when he was still a teenager. I was like, who is that dude with the VOICE!

Anonymous

Ryan Seacrest is SOOO having a shitty couple of days. First dissed by Brad and Angie, and now you! :)
Great interviews!

Unknown

You're going to have to clear it with my before you move on. I'm pretty lenient though ;)

Great answers!

Mommy Mo

Can you interview me?!!!! Although I'm not sure my answers would be all that exciting.

I would love to see the world through your daughter's eyes- she has the BEST laugh (that I remember from the videos you posted way back).

And shame on that deadbeat father for not having a part in the live of your beautiful, wonderful daughter. His LOSS.

I, too, love music that makes me want to dance.

And girl, if we ever had the chance to paint the town red, we would have to be careful NOT to be jailed for it. I'm just saying'. I know, I know, looks are deceiving- I have three kids, I'm up to my eyeballs in poopy diapers, nursing and tantrums, BUT I still remember how to par-tay.

Oh yes I do.

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP