Thursday, March 20, 2008

Secret Asian Man

I was coming in to work this morning and was flipping through the channels. I usually listen to NPR (shut up!) or Kidd Kraddick. Kidd Kraddick is on a break this week and the NPR station was going to a commercial break. Due to my ADD issues (really, I don't have ADD but I do hate commercials and will flip channels until I find something else, even if it's mid-song), I started flipping channels.

I came across an oldies station and the were playing "Secret Agent Man". I was singing along at the top of my lungs and had a memory of me when I was younger singing "Secret Asian Man". I about busted a gut laughing at myself.

I know I'm not the only one out there that does that. 'Fess up....you know you do that too.

The other song I used to sing with great enthusiasm was "Elvira" by the Oak Ridge Boys. I LOVED the Oak Ridge Boys growing up and this was my favorite song of all times.

It took me years until I realized they were singing "Elvira" instead of "It'll Fire Up". Think about it for a minute and you can see where my 7 year old brain would think of that. Go ahead, I'll give you a minute to get the melody in your head and to sing it softly to yourself...........


.........done? You see, sounds just like "It'll Fire Up".

Later,

Mama Dawg

1 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:

Mary

I so thought it was "Secret Asian Man" when I was younger!! Too funny! Have a Happy Easter!

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP