Tuesday, September 29, 2009

RTT

This is my second attempt at organized randomness.

Click on the purple button for more randomness.

randomtuesday

***************

I am the best griller EVER! I am the QUEEN OF THE MOTHEREFFIN' GRILL!

On Sunday night we decided to grill some tilapia and veggies.

First up, corn on the cob in foil packets.

Oh, my stars in heaven. The smell of the corn was delicious.

Up next: squash, zucchini, onions and orange bell peppers kabob. Lightly basted with some olive oil, garlic salt and black pepper.

Then......the fish. Oh, the fish. Oh, my, the fish. Oh, my my my, the fish. 3 of the 5 pieces were basted with this soy/honey/etc...sauce and the other two were just sprinkled with salt and pepper (for LOML).

Last: pears. Yes, pears. Nothing on them. Just the natural juiciness of the pears.

It was the best meal I've EVER HAD!

I rock the grill.

***************

Here's Nikki when she first discovered J.D. laying on my bed.




See her standing up with her front paws on the bed? Yeah, shortly after this, she lunged at him.

Nikki's now a fully outdoors dog! LOL!

***************

I've discovered a new artist. He's a songwriter/screenwriter/singer/something else.

His name is Nick Cave and his song "Dig, Lazarus, Dig" is incredible.

Google it.

***************

I've been obsessed with historical fiction lately.

Especially the French Revolution.

And not so much Marie Antoinette.

Have y'all ever heard of Annette Vallon? She was William Wordsworth's French Mistress. I just recently finished "Annette Vallon" by James Tipton and it was incredible.

Granted, liberties were taken to write the story. She did exist and did bear his child, Caroline, but the rest is, of course, fiction.

It was a wonderful story.

***************

Have y'all seen the new show "Community"?

I think I like it. Not sure yet, but I think I do.

I do know I like "Mercy" and I just watched "Trauma"'s debut last night. It was pretty good.

I only get one channel. NBC. So that means I'm stuck with Jay Leno 5 nights a week.

Needless to say, I go to bed at 9 now!

Give me more time to read and/or watch my DVD's.

***************

I always feel like
Somebody's watching me



***************


As I'm writing this sentence, "Prowlin'" by the T-Bones ("Birds, T-Birds") from the Grease 2 soundtrack is playing.


"Cause I'm the leader of this here pack!"


***************


It was chilly this morning. I'm so happy to be wearing boots and a 3/4 length sleeve shirt.


I LOVE fall!


***************


I love that they let me wear my iPod at work. The conversations around here are redundant and redundant.


***************


This weekend, I worked my rear off. I bought a new shelving unit and put it up in the dining room (I live in a tiny house, so space is at a minimum...wherever I can put something up to help keep it organized, I will....therefore, a shelving unit in the dining room!).

It now holds all my Operation Christmas Child supplies plus my photo albums.


I cleaned out my closet, traded all the summer clothes for winter clothes and just cleaned in general.


We also went to the storage unit and got all the Halloween decorations out.


We're thinking of having a Halloween party. Maybe.

It felt good to do all that work.


***************


That's all folks! Have a great Tuesday!


Later,


Mama Dawg

7 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:

Bijoux

I love historical fiction. Have you read 'Year of Wonders?' It's about the plague, which I find fascinating (but I'm an oddball).

Love ANYTHING on the grill, but corn is the best!

Operation Xmas Child is right around the corner! I have my boxes and junk ready to roll!

I love your randomness.

unmitigated me

"The conversations around here are redundant and redundant."

AMEN!! Always the same people bitching about the same old crap. UGH! A great thing about working from home!!!

Jess

We watched a few episodes of Community last season...eh...got bored with it. Let me know how you like it though!

Come grill for us please! We need someone that is queen of the muthaeffin grill!

Unknown

I'm right behind Jess in requesting your presence and mastery for the grilling. I use to also love historical fiction but just can't get into it anymore. Cool that you're allowed to wear your iPod at work!

Captain Dumbass

What about alternate historical fiction?

sassy stephanie

I love fall, too. My FAVE season: there's apples, fall festivals, cooler weather, chilly nights, and of course, my very favorite time of year...Halloween!

So, you have prolly guessed, but I'm not headed to NOLA next month. Long story. Boring story, so I'll spare the details. Anywho, it was going to be a game time decision anyway. Rats. Maybe another time.

Someone

mmm dinner sounded yummy! Great randomness!!!

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP