Wednesday, September 7, 2011

All Righty Roo

Erin.....this is for you.

So, I've pulled yet another disappearing act. It's been quite a while.

Let's play catch up first and then, hopefully on to posts....again. I know, I know, I know. I'm worse than a 13 year old boy who promises he'll call after school and never does and then ignores you for the rest of the week because, well, he's a 13 year old boy.....wait...what?

Never mind.

Let's see. I last posted in May, so that's....roughly 4 months of catching up.

Not too shabby.

I've learned to sew.

I've learned to sew A LOT. I smell a new obsession! And no, not the CK kind (although I do like that scent).








That's just a small sampling of what I've been working on in the sewing department. Not my own designs, just made by me.

Maggie is now in the 6th grade. She started middle school last year, so it's nothing new to her this year. However, she does have a locker and she LOVES that.

She also got invited to the Junior Beta Club. You have to be INVITED to join and you are only invited if you show leadership skills, a good attitude and have a 90 average or higher. Mags and her BFF Lulu BOTH got invited, so that rocks! She's so cool.


She's also still in her SPICE class and 4-H. We've dumped dance this year since she was so involved in the play last year and she plans to try out for cheerleading this year. She had a blast doing softball this summer.


Oh and the biggest news ever? MY BFF FROM ORLANDO IS MOVING UP HERE WHERE I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not tell you how much this means to me. For real. This is like right up there with winning the lottery and getting lifetime passes to Disney World.


That's mostly it in a nutshell.


How's tricks with all y'all?


Later my lovelies.



6 really cool people who give a rat's patootie:

Jess

My goodness! Look who it is! So good to hear from you again! XOXO!

Mama Dawg

Thanks! Glad to be back.

Erin

So glad you are back. I'm really loving some of these bags you've made. Are you on etsy?

Mama Dawg

I am but I haven't put anything up in a long time. Those bags are made out of pillowcases (the navy blue with polka dots). I've made like 30 of them and use them in place of plastic bags at the grocery store. They hold twice the groceries, are better for the environment and when they get dirty or stuff spills on them, you can just throw them in the washing machine. Overhead on them is low because it's pillowcases and the bias tape is homemade and the straps are made out of very little material. I'm trying to stockpile and then re-start my etsy.

Irish Gumbo

Who are you again? (grin)

Hey, good to see ya! Here its busy. And wet. But not the kind of wet one might get from being busy, its just raining too much. But I'm doing good! Life is interesting :)

Mama Dawg

Ok, IG, I just tried to leave a comment on your recent post and it won't let me. What's up with that?

© Two Dogs Running…all rights reserved

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP